The Magic Effects of Ganoderma – the King of Herbs
For thousands of years Ganoderma has been considered by the Chinese to be a high quality herbal medicine. The so-called ‘A-one Medicine’ is the best medicine which does not have any side effects, even after using it for a long time. It can improve one’s constitution, increase the body’s healing ability to help maintain a healthy body, and have a long life.
“The Outline Of Herbal Medicine” written by a very famous Chinese pharmacologist Dr Li Shin-Chen, classifies Ganodermas into six categories, by colour. They are Black Ganoderma, Purple Ganoderma, Blue Ganoderma, White Ganoderma, Yellow Ganoderma and Red Ganoderma.
Wild Ganoderma is very rare and is difficult to collect. Even if someone finds it by chance, its effects are always lost because of aging. It becomes hard like leather. They may also be toxic. Since they are haphazardly collected, quality control is impossible.
In 1970, a technician of Kyoto University Foodstuff Scientific Research Institute. Mr. Yukio Naci, used, ‘Spore Separation Cultivation Method’ to successfully cultivate Ganoderma. This method was introduced in the Republic of China in 1975. Since the climate, and soil conditions are ideal, this technique has been widely adopted.
The Magic Effects of Ganoderma:
Ganoderma has always been shrouded with a mysterious curtain for more than a thousand years. People only know ‘‘Ganodermas can keep one young and give one a long life if taken continuously”, but no one had ever scientifically investigated why it is so effective.
Under the attentive research done by both Chinese and foreign scholars in recent years, and the cooperative analysis and clinical experiments done by hospitals, colleges, and pharmaceutical manufacturers, its extensive efficacy has finally been discovered. It is a hemocatheresis, detoxicant, diuretic, liver protector, intestine regulator, cardiotonic, blood pressure adjustor, a cold tonic, antitussive and expectorant, a tranquilliser and anti-tumour drug.
Important components of Ganoderma:
1. Organic Germanium (Ge): Can increase the oxygen absorbed by the blood up to 1.5 times: can promote metabolism: prevent tissue degeneration. According to the research of Dr Kazuhiko Asai, Ganoderma contains 800 – 2000 p.p.m. of germanium. This is 4-6 times more than ginseng.
2. Polysaccharides: These can improve the body’s immune system, eliminate viruses. Japanese pharmaceutical companies have refined it to medical quality and it has been approved by the Koseisho Health Department in Japan for insurance medicine.
3. Its bitter taste. It is under constant study by the Japanese medical and pharmaceutical fields. The efficacy is a result of the interrelation of germanium and polysaccharides. Some plants may contain one or the other, but Ganoderma is much more effective. The combination of components is different from other plants and all of the components must be preserved to insure efficiency.
Medical Principles of Ganoderma:
According to Dr Shigeru Yuji’s clinical experiments, the reason Ganoderma is effective is because of its basic functions:-
1. Lowers cholesterol in the blood and the amount of free fat.
2. Reduces blood sugar level; to restore pancreas functions.
3. Lowers blood lipids and stabilizes red cell membrane.
4. Due to Ganoderma containing Adenosine, it can lower platelet angulation, and lyses thrombi and prevent thrombogenesis.
5. Improves the function of the cortex of the adrenal glands to maintain endocrine balance.
6. Elevates the natural healing ability of the body, allows the body to establish a strong immune system.
7. Prevents tissue cell degeneration.
8. Prevents senility, maintaining a youthful constitution.
9. Lowers the side effects of antihypertensive drugs.
10. Prevents organ degeneration.
11. Prevents allergy caused by antigens, because it inhibits the histamine releasing mast cell.
12. Prevents and treats cancer and inhibits cancer cell metastasis.
a) Normalizes to prevent tissue degeneration.
b) Prevents sudden death of cancer patients caused by embolism.
c) Inhibits thrombogenesis and lyses thrombi on the wall of surrounding tissues and removes blockade of cancer medication, increases these drugs’ effectiveness.
d) Relieves pain caused by cancer
Is it really true that Ganoderma is the savoir of modem diseases and is a ‘Universal Medicine’ for all diseases?
By Yukio Naoi of Kyoto University Foodstuff Scientific Institute
“‘Is Ganoderma really a universal medicine?’” Let’s not talk about the diseases prevalent in history, but of modern diseases. In order to find the answer we have investigated its functions over and again for thirteen years. Satisfactory results have been obtained.
The first issue is whether Ganoderma can be effective on all kinds of diseases. Our reply is ‘Yes’, because it is able to maintain the health of the modern person. For an unhealthy person, Ganoderma can affect the most feeble parts of his body. To a patient, it can root out the source of the sickness and allow recovery.
Ganoderma can change an imbalanced body to a healthy one. There is no difference among human races, ancient or modern people. Ganoderma has an effect on all. The same people all over the world will obtain the same results.
If the patient’s constitution conforms to Ganoderma, it is as if a patent drug is achieving its highest effects. In fact, we have not found any person who obtained negative effects or inefficient results.
Some outstanding results obtained recently are simply analysed below, in order to evaluate the efficacy of Ganoderma.
1. Headache and shoulder pain caused by hypertension & arteriosclerosis completely cured, and blood pressure also improved.
Reported by Mr Isao Tani of the Medical Research Institute of Kinki University:-
The experimental subjects were predominantly hypertension patients. Blood pressure showed significant improvement. One patient with a reading of 180 / 96, had a reading of 126/94 after three months. Such remarkable improvement is rarely seen without using antihypertensive.
Some female arteriosclerosis patients’ blood pressure dropped to 128/67 from 158/77, within three months. Their cholesterol level also improved from 269 to 242.
Some patients have hypertension with headache and shoulder pain. Their blood pressure dropped from 151/78 to 118/72 in one month, and headaches were eliminated.
Of a number of patients who had blood pressure and pain problems, both conditions improved.
Based on the above results, we may see that Ganoderma is useful to hypertension patients. Using anti-hypertensive to lower blood pressure can lower the systolic pressure, but not the diastolic pressure. Ganoderma can lower both. This is its outstanding quality.
2. Why is it effective for both systolic pressure and diastolic pressure?
Dr Shigere Yuji of Kinki University gives six explanations why Ganoderma is effective for cardio-vascular diseases:
a. Treats hypertension
b. Elevates blood pressure of hypotensive patients.
c. Prevents arteriosclerosis, lowers cholesterol levels.
d. Prevents thrombogenesis and dissolves thrombi.
e. Reduces the side effects of antihypertensive.
f. Used together with antihypertensive it may cause a hypotensive effect.
Cancer, sudden death and vascular obstruction diseases are threatening no more.
Figure: Cross-section of blood vessels progress of arteriosclerosis
Wall of vessel
3. It is also effective in treating cerebral vascular obstruction, cardiac infarction and cerebral apoplexy and angina pectoris.
Reported by Mr Uebara Kioshi of Kinki University.
Taking Ganoderma can reduce the serious symptoms of the above diseases, without traditional treatment. Among these cases, was a patient with a right cerebral arterial obstruction which occurred twice. He received the best result after taking Ganoderma and Urokinase, together. Complete mobility finally returned.
A patient suffering from cerebral vascular obstruction, who was partially paralysed, could move freely after taking Ganoderma. His free fat and B-lipo protein value returned to normal.
Taking Ganoderma can also improve the condition of cardiac patients. This proves that taking Ganoderma together with other drugs, may result in better results. By the way, since the above diseases are difficult to cure, it is better to take Ganoderma regularly to prevent their occurring in the first place.
4. It is effective in the treatment of acute or chronic hepatitis, or liver dysfunction.
Reported by Dr Mitsui Hashimoto of Hashimoto Hospital.
At the present time, hepatitis is still a disease which cannot be treated with any specific method. If Ganoderma was effective, it would be a meaningful medicine for its treatment.
Six capsules per day were prescribed to some patients with hepatitis. Three months later all patient were recovering; their GOT and GPT values decreased from 200-300 to 100.
In addition, one patient who used Ganoderma together with some Chinese herbal medicines resulted in a decreased GOT and GPT. There was one case of hepatitis combined with hypertension. After taking Ganoderma, satisfactory results were obtained.
The above conditions can not be conclusive but positive results of taking Ganoderma on hepatitis can be expected.
When liver function is declining the patient may get tired. Taking Ganoderma can help ease fatigue.
5. The belief that ‘Liver disease is incurable’ should be abandoned.
The liver is the most important organ for health. Liver function is quite complicated. Therefore, liver disease is considered difficult to treat, and dietetic treatment is the only method adopted by Western physicians.
However, Ganoderma is able to make the complicated organ function, and have it return to normal. Based on our practical investigation, Ganoderma can contribute a very positive effect. Dr Shigeru Yuji reported that 10% of liver disorders could be cured after taking for two months, 40% of the patients were relieved of their symptoms, and their liver size was reduced. 50% of the patients felt their symptoms diminish.
6-1. Pain from gastritis, gastric ulcer, duodenal ulcer, etc. can be relieved immediately.
Reported by Dr Taro Tamura of Kinki University
We used Ganoderma in gastritis, gastric ulcer, and duodenal ulcer treatment. The most interesting case was of a man, who had developed a gastric ulcer when he was young and which had recently returned. Other medicines were ineffective, but one week after beginning treatment with Ganoderma, his pain was significantly reduced. When the dosage was reduced, he felt pain once a day or almost no pain at all. He usually used an analgesic, but it seemed useless. This treatment is also effective for gastritis and duodenal ulcer patients who suffer from chest pain, loss of appetite, and gastric ulcer patients who are fatigued and feeble. It can also help gastric cancer post-operative pain. Some patients’ colour improved and they put on weight little by little, after taking Ganoderma.
6-2. Ganoderma protects the patients who overeat, or eat only one kind of food, or who are poisoned by food.
It has surprising results in treating dysentery, constipation, gastric hyperacidity, and peptic ulcer. Its effects are equal to that of medicines now in common use. Dr Shigeru Yuji also reports its high efficacy in treating gastritis and ulcers.
The main function of the stomach and the intestines is to absorb the required nutrients in food, then excrete the wastes before fermentation. People usually eat too much, or eat an imbalanced diet, or eat toxic foods. Then their digestive organs are damaged. Ganoderma can not only protect the organs but can improve the functioning of the digestive tract.
6-3. No need for the obese to go on starvation diets.
After World War II, people were poor and did not have enough food to eat. It was needless to care about obesity, for most people were very lean. Due to medical progress and improved economic conditions, contagious diseases and poverty are much less of a problem, while chronic diseases and different kinds of adult diseases are increasing.
It was found in our investigation that thin people who take Ganoderma can gain weight, and overweight people can lose weight. No matter how old or young, whether male or female, whatever one’s constitution, Ganoderma can allow a person to maintain the optimal body weight and figure. Ganoderma will adjust the constitution and equalize biological functions if one takes it steadily.
Since Ganoderma can eliminate obesity, overweight people do not need to worry about their obese figures and the figure-conscious women do not need to suffer the pain and ill effects of starvation diets and weight loss drugs.
7-1. Taking Ganoderma together with chemotherapy may have significant results for patients who have had surgery for breast cancer, colon cancer or gastric cancer.
Reported by Dr Hiroshi Kawai of Kinki University.
The experimental subjects were patients who were treated improperly after surgery, and patients who were suffering from the side effects of chemotherapy. After a mastectomy, and chemotherapy, one patient’s face became very dark. After using Ganoderma for two months, her colour improved.
One patient’s limbs became paralysed and swollen after a mastectomy. After using Ganoderma for one month, the numbness significantly improved.
Some patients used Ganoderma together with some herbal medicines for ten days after a colostomy. Night sweats disappeared and appetite improved.
Some patients who have had a gastric cancer operation lose their appetites. When six capsules of Ganoderma were taken each day, their appetites improved.
In view of the above results, we can see that Ganoderma taken with chemotherapy can be not only a valuable auxiliary treatment, but side effects of chemotherapy can be reduced.
7-2. Prevents cancer metastasis, relieves pain & can improve the chances for longevity.
Ganoderma belongs to the Polyporaceae of fungi family, and is believed to be an effective cancer treatment in Japan, China, the U.S.A, Canada, the U.S.S.R., and Scotland. Some medical specialists in different countries are using the latest scientific instruments to do clinical tests, e.g., Prof Ta-cheng, Medical College of the National Taiwan University; Prof Cheng Hui-hua and Prof Tung Ui-chi of Taipei Medical College. The experimental results have proved that Ganoderma is effective in cancer treatment. Information concerning Ganoderma in treating cancer collected from Research reports is listed below:
1. The anti-cancer components of Ganoderma are polysaccharides and germanium.*
2. Its efficacy is of additional efficacy and multiplicative efficacy. Taken separately, no effects can be obtained.*
3. It can strengthen stamina, elevate the immune system, and restrain cancer metastasis.
4. After undergoing surgery, it is helpful to patients with cancers such as:- oesophageal cancer, gastric cancer, breast cancer, intestinal cancer, and uterine cancer.
5. It can eliminate cancerous ascites, increase appetite, and relieve the pain of late stage cancer.
6. It can be used together with other cancer treatments, such as surgery, radiation, or combined with chemotherapy. It has no side effects and is effective.
Based on the above clinical reports, we may see that it possesses cancer preventing, suppressing, and curing qualities.
Most of us may have dental caries, myopia, or cancer tendencies when we are young, or they may develop at any time. We should try our best to prevent them from occurring. If we want to prevent tooth decay, we should eat more calcium and avoid sweets. If we want to avoid myopia, we should eat more vitamin A and avoid eye fatigue. If we want to prevent cancer, we should eat Ganoderma and avoid an imbalanced diet.
8. Ganoderma is also effective in treating varicose veins, on the waist and shoulders, and rheumatism of the hands and knees. It can also treat sciatica.
Reported by Dr. Taro Kiyobara of the Hospital of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery.
Ganoderma can be used to treat low back pain, and pain of the hands, shoulders, and knees. There is one case of varicose veins which improved a little.
Ganoderma is considerably effective in the treatment of pain caused by blood, blood vessel, or hematoma on the torso. As to shoulder, neck and knee pain, in one case the pain originated from a deformed knee, but the pain was relieved.
Treating pain which results from some structural factor, such as low back pain caused by herniated intervertebratal disk is ineffective.
9-1. Ganoderma is also effective in treating gynaecological problems, such as menstrual cramps, vertigo, menopause disturbances etc.
Reported by Dr. Yoshinori Imanishi of the Imanish Gynaecology and Obstetrics Hospital.
The writer, who is an OB-GYN specialist, prescribed Ganoderma to women patients who had menstrual cramps, dizziness, irregular menstruation, menopause disturbances, and difficulty in becoming pregnant.
There were three cases which had positive results.
A 46 year old woman took Ganoderma for one month when her dizziness and shoulder pain was relieved. A pregnant woman had tightness in her chest and no appetite. After treatment with Ganoderma her condition improved. One woman with a physiological disorder, was married for many years, but could not conceive. After taking Ganoderma for three months, she became pregnant.
There are two cases where positive results were obtained from combining Ganoderma and herbal medicines. In the first case, serious dizziness and shoulder pain was relieved in three months. In the second case, abdominal pain was reduced. Ganoderma can relieve postpartum symptoms, acting as a hemocatheresis, diuretic and a detoxicant.
9-2. Ganoderma is a required medicine for the pregnant woman and parturient woman.
When a daughter becomes pregnant, her parents may wonder if it is safe to give her Ganoderma. The expectant mother may become moody, especially if it is the first pregnancy. During pregnancy, women are quite sensitive to outer stimulation, both mentally and physically. Though it is a natural phenomena, most women have difficulty adapting.
During this period, taking Ganoderma may act as a hemocatheresis, a diuretic and as a detoxicant and will allow the foetus to develop normally. It is said that Ganoderma may help the woman who is not easy to get pregnant, or who has had habitual abortions before. Prof Kanata of Tohoku University believes that taking Ganoderma can strengthen sexual ability of both the male and the female intensifying the activity of spermatozoa and regulating ovulation of the female.
Information from different sources reveals that Ganoderma may be thought of as the ‘friend of the female’. It should be considered a required medicine for women.
10. Ganoderma may effect a 100% cure for renal diseases.
Kidney disease is also one of the difficult diseases to cure. They include acute or chronic nephritis, diabetic renal syndrome, nephrosis and rheumatic fever. These may be due in part to a high cholesterol count and a high blood sugar level. The kidneys are overloaded and blood cannot reach renal capillaries. Nephrosis results, with oedema, urine retention, fatigue and possibly serious uraemia.
Prof Fumio Tsurudani of the Nagoya University Medical Institute, Japan, did an experiment with patients suffering from renal disease to check the effectiveness of Ganoderma. It was found that it could not only lower proteinuria and cholesterolemia, but could maintain proper renal function.
Based on our experimental results, renal disease can be cured 100% by taking Ganoderma. It is indeed a surprising achievement.
11. Diabetes is no more a terrible disease.
It is said that once you have diabetes, your life will be tangled with it. However, we cured a number of cases with Ganoderma.
As we know, insufficient insulin secretion is the cause of diabetes, and this results in some serious complications. Currently, Western physicians use insulin injections as the only treatment. Though insulin is able to lower blood sugar level, the symptoms recur very soon. Furthermore, it is just like a cortisone hormone injection, with many side effects. Insulin is unable to recover pancreas function, and it speeds up the aging of the organ.
The Medical Research Institute of Kinki University found in yearly experiments that Ganoderma has the same function as insulin. Accordingly, after taking Ganoderma, not only can insulin deficiency be supplemented, but it can make the pancreas regain its original function. In addition, it does not have any side effects like injections do.
12. The occurrence of hereditary diseases can be prevented.
Many kinds of hereditary diseases have a high occurrence rate. If you are healthy at this moment, you want to maintain this condition all your life. Ganoderma can help you to reach this goal. Ganoderma’s outstanding feature is that “it can adequately reflect slight symptoms of diseases, keeping the human body in harmonious condition”. This expression is the conclusion obtained from experiments on thousands of people.
Ganoderma is a kind of medicinal food with over two thousand years of human experience. After long term experiments, its pharmacological nature has been further clarified, and it is widely used to maintain the health of human beings. Its position in the medical field has been firmly established.
Time passes too quickly. Won’t you regret it if you leave this world without taking it?
13. Ganoderma is also effective in the treatment of difficult and mysterious diseases such as:
1. No cause can be found
2. Event if the cause can be found, it is untreatable with drugs. For example, blood pressure disorders are caused by many factors, but it is too complicated to understand the source and eliminate it. Even though antihypertensive drugs can relieve the symptoms, the source cannot be eliminated.
For diseases which cannot be treated adequately with medicine, cannot be diagnosed, or cannot be cured by Western drugs, Ganoderma can be considered a precious panacea. Only Ganoderma can treat these diseases successfully, eliminating the root cause of various puzzling diseases
Appendix 1: Ten Major Causes of Death
1. Malignant tumour
2. Cerebrovascular disease
4. Cardiac disease
6. Chronic hepatitis and liver cirrhosis
Appendix 2: Reports from Japan
The Japanese medical field has confirmed that Ganoderma has positive efficacy.
Physicians all over the world are concerned about high quality medicines. A new medical term ‘Adaptogen’ has been coined to indicate the specific effects of Ganoderma.
After long term research and experiments done by large Japanese hospitals and research institutes, Ganoderma’s positive effects have been confirmed in every respect, especially its hemocatheresis effect i.e. improves blood circulation and cell quality. It allows the internal organs to function properly, improves a weak constitution, and enhances the immune system. It has an evident efficacy in treating diseases caused by poor circulation. It is helpful in maintaining health and for a healthy appearance. The Japanese medical field is surprised and has acknowledged its positive effects on the following diseases:
1. hypertension and hypotension.
2. cardiac disease originating from hypertension and hematoma.
3. cerebral apoplexy, high blood sugar, blood vessel obstruction.
4. menopause disturbances, gynaecological diseases.
5. constipation, haemorrhoids.
6. chronic hepatitis.
7. urination difficulties, frequent urination.
8. gastric diseases, duodenal ulcers.
9. hypersensitivity, including nasal sensitivity and chronic catarrh.
10. chronic bronchitis asthma.
11. arthritis, lumbago, rheumatism (after middle age).
12. insomnia, lethargy, neurasthenia.
13. skin rashes due to hypersensitivity, athlete’s foot, and ringworm due to hematoma.
It may sound strange that Ganoderma has an inversive effect i.e. it can both raise and lower blood pressure. Actually, because Ganoderma can harmonize body functions, increasing the natural healing ability of the body, it can strengthen the immune system, especially for the middle aged.
With Ganoderma, some people may experience reactions after beginning treatment. Some may have dizziness, weakness, or itching, or repeated defecation and urination. These are normal phenomena, and indicate that positive effects are beginning by dissolving the stored toxicants and discharging them. Patients with diabetes may lose a large amount of sugar, patients with rheumatism may have temporary intense pain. These phenomena are purely the normal, functional, adjustments, within the body. It is nothing but the performance of its efficacy. According to one’s personal constitution, the reactions will disappear in a few days.
Since Ganoderma is a natural medicine, it can be used with other Western drugs. Not only are there no adverse effects, it can also reduce the side effects of Western drugs.
DIRECTIONS FOR USING GANODERMA
1. DOSAGE DIRECTIONS
1. To maintain health: initial dose (first fifteen days), take one pair of capsules before breakfast, and one pair before going to bed. After fifteen days, once a day is sufficient. (Each time one pair capsules).
2. Patient with rheumatism, tracheitis, or pain, should take one pair twice a day, before breakfast and dinner, until the symptoms disappear. After that, once a day is sufficient. May be taken whenever there is pain. (Each time one pair capsules).
3. Seriously diseased patients with hepatosis, cancer, diabetes, apoplexy, should take more than three times per day, 1-2 pairs capsules each time. If needed, 1-2 pairs capsules may be taken 4-5 times per day.
4. Since many people have a sensitive stomach, it is better to take the first bottle after meals. After the first bottle, take it 30 minutes before meals.
1. Ganoderma is a natural food which can be taken with kinds other of drugs.
2. In the morning after using it, you should take a slow jog or a brisk walk to warm up Pokies the body. You may take deep breaths to get some fresh air, and to supply the body with more oxygen, improving circulation and the metabolism.
3. Eliminate once a day.
4. Avoid foods rich in animal fat, fried foods, salty, canned foods, caffeine and spicy foods. Eat more fruits and vegetables and lean meats.
1. Symptoms disappear.
2. Feel energetic.
3. Appetite increases, but body weight stabilizes.
4. Sleep more deeply and soundly. Sleeping hours will be reduced but will wake refreshed.
5. Improved elimination.
6. “The opposition effect reaction”: (a concept in Chinese medicine: the symptoms will become worse before they become better, because the causes of the diseases are being eliminated.) After taking Ganoderma for three days, slight opposition effect reaction may result. It is not a side effect. Please continue to use. It is just a result of its efficacy, and the reaction will be different for each individual. Not everyone will experience this reaction, as it depends on the amount of toxins in the body that are being eliminated. In general, one who has a hypersensitive constitution or who takes large amounts of chemical drugs, will easily have such a reaction. Sometimes, urticaria may appear, on the face or the body, or even in the mouth. Also, one may have oedema, diarrhoea, stomach ache, fever tinnitus, blood pressure variation and increased excretion. These are not side effects. Do not worry. Continue use. The symptoms will lessen or disappear very soon.
Some phenomena resulting from herbal medicine or alimentary therapeutics are considered as side effects of the drug. Actually, when these symptoms occur, the disease will be cured gradually. Someone even emphasised, “No opposition effect reaction, no cure”.
OPPOSITION EFFECT REACTION – BECOMING BETTER REACTION
1. When an acidic constitution changes to an alkaline one, the toxic substances within the body are being discharged. At this moment, different reactions will appear, generally within 3-10 days. Symptoms vary from one to another – for some they may be light, for others they may be more severe. It depends on one’s constitution. When the symptoms have disappeared, one may feel very comfortable and energetic.
2. When the body constitution is acidic, blood will be turbid. Diseases will appear in different organs. Be sure you do not develop an acidic body constitution. When the reaction is severe, the following symptoms could occur:
a. Acidic Constitution
1) Very sleepy, even in the day time.
2) Thirsty and dry mouth.
3) Urination at night, after gas passage.
3. For the following diseases, these reactions may occur only in the short period of time:
a. hypertension: heaviness in the head which may last for 1-2 weeks.
b. anaemia: nose bleeds for women.
c. gastric disturbances: heat in the chest, poor appetite.
d. gastric ulcer: pain.
e. gastroptosis: heavy felling in the stomach, hiccough
f. enteropathy: diarrhoea.
g. hepatopathy: hiccough or vomiting.
h. cirrhosis of the liver: bloody stool.
i. renal disease: protein level may suddenly drop, slight oedema in the face.
j. diabetes: blood sugar may rise, slight oedema in the hands and feet.
k. haemorrhoids: bleeding may occur occasionally.
OCCURRENCE OF “OPPOSITION EFFECT” REACTION
1. Nine out of ten patients may have this reaction.
2. Patients who have this reaction will have faster results from Ganoderma. Patients who do not experience this will recover more slowly.
3. Length of reaction: a light reaction may last 2-5 days; a severe one 7-30 days.
4. If the reaction is serious, reduce the dosage, or see a doctor to relieve the symptoms first, then continue to use until the reaction has been eliminated.
5. Some may experience the reaction 3-10 days after beginning treatment with Ganoderma. Some may have the reaction 2-3 months later. The reaction is not limited to one experience only, unless the disease has been completely cured.
When Ganoderma has no effect the reasons are:
In general, after consuming one bottle, one may feel its effects. If you take it continuously, it will improve your health. However, some people may experience no effects at all. The reasons are listed below:
a. It was not taken at definite time, or the recommended dosage was not followed.
b. Stopped using when the “opposition effect reaction” occurred.
c. Diet, exercise and style of living did not conform.
d. Illness has lasted too long or too many chemical drugs have been used. The toxins within the body cannot be fully discharged.
e. The severity of the illness varies after beginning treatment. Patients lose their confidence, so they stop taking. When the disease has not been completely cured there will be an oscillating phenomena but pain may lighten little by little. Continue to use.
f. Psychological factors: Accept others suggestion to stop taking.
NOTE: The contents of this report are based upon research reports from foreign countries. That Ganoderma is suitable for use as a health food is confirmed by these research results
Knowledge of Ganoderma’s (in China called LINGZHI) and the method for maintaining health.
Since thousands of years ago, Ganoderma (a member of the family of fungi) has been considered by Chinese people as a kind of wonder drug, which promotes longevity. Details and its different names are in the historical Chinese Medical books, such as “Shen-Nung Herbal Medicine Book” or “The Outline of Herbal Medicine”.
I. The reasons Ganoderma’s have not been popularly used in the Medical field.
Ganoderma’s are helpful to maintain health and to improve health. However up to the present time, they had not been popularly used by the Chinese and Chinese doctors. The reasons are listed below:
1. They are difficult to collect. Ganoderma’s are usually found by chance. When they are found, they could be destroyed by insects, or their healing quality have been lost due to aging.
2. There are too many similar kinds. The effective kind could not be found. In the past 30 years, we have collected more than thirty kinds of Ganoderma’s in Taiwan.
3. The Ganoderma’s can’t be collected in time and so lose their efficacy. When Ganoderma’s are found, their efficacy is low, due to aging. Young Ganoderma’s taste bitter and sweet but the taste will change to be very light when they harden like leather. Only young and growing Ganoderma’s are effective.
4. There is no definite prescription. The technique and prescription adopted by Chinese medicinal doctors usually follow the information given by books such as Shang-Han-Lun and Chin-Kuei-Yao-Luch. However, neither books give adequate prescriptions for Ganoderma’s. Because wild Ganoderma’s are difficult to collect, and because there are so many kinds, we began trouble shooting by cultivating many different species. In 1973 we introduced some similar species and went to the mountains all over the country to collect the wild variety for comparison. Running the risk of poisoning we personally tasted each kind. After six years, we have successfully cultivated the Ganoderma’s.
II. Main components and functions.
As well as the components contained in the common mushroom, it has two other important components:
1. Germanium (Ge) No. 32. According to a research report by a Japanese doctor Dr Kazuhiko Asai, Ganoderma contains 800-2000 p.p. m of germanium. Germanium can promote blood circulation, can increase the oxygen absorbing capability of the body, can keep sufficient oxygen in the blood, can improve metabolism, and prevent functional degeneration. Based on an analysis by the doctor, germanium is the major component of Ganoderma. The germanium contained in Ganoderma is 4-6 times that of ginseng.
2. Polysaccharides: Contained in varying quantities in the common mushroom, Japanese pharmacists and medicine manufacturers have extracted the polysaccharides from ‘Yun-Jong’ which belongs to the same family as Ganoderma, and produced a medicine called P.S.K. This medicine has been used in clinical practice for cancer immuno-therapy, and was proved effective, and approved by the Koseisho Health Dept., for insurance medicine. It is prescribed to cancer patients for prevention, malignancies, and metastasis. The polysaccharides can increase antibody count which strengthens immunity. When the fact that Ganoderma contains great amounts of such components was first published in medical reports, the medical field paid much attention to it. Since artificial cultivation has succeeded, there is no need to worry about the supply. The Japanese medical and pharmaceutical fields are all researching and manufacturing, and have put Ganoderma’s on the market as a health food.
III. The Efficacy of Ganoderma and Proof:
or thousands of years Ganoderma has been considered to be the ‘Longevity Drug’. Such a wife’s tale has been gradually acknowledged as fact by users. If one takes it continuously, all illness will disappear. Unless it is taken continuously, there is no way to experience its marvel. In recent years, some overseas Chinese and Japanese medical colleges and drug manufacturers have studied its functions and used it in clinical practice. The following efficacies have been found: Hemocatheretic and diuretic, detoxicant, protects the liver, regulates the intestines, cardiotonic, adjusts the blood pressure, cold resistant, anti-bacterial, antitussive and expectorant, tranquilliser and analgesic, among others. This means that Ganoderma contains many different components. These components do not function alone, but function interactively.
According to a research report of the Kinki University in Japan, its main function is to regulate the blood, eliminate erythema congestivum, and make circulation improve to all parts of the body. It also strengthens liver function, detoxifies, promotes metabolism, increases vigour, increases the immunity and recovers physical agility. If taken steadily, all illness can be eliminated.
The greatest functions of Ganoderma are: Prevents all kinds of diseases, including cancer and prevents a decrease in physical function. It is good for maintaining health. It is better to take continuously, like the old saying. “An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure”.
There are many experimental and research reports concerning the efficacy of Ganoderma for treating illness. We cannot list all of them here. According to results obtained from thousands of customers who have taken Ganoderma, it proves that all information from foreign countries is quite true. Ganoderma can not only prevent cancer malignancy and metastasis but it can prevent cancer from recurring. It also relieves the pain of late stage cancer patients.
It can also be used to treat the following:
Hypertension, heart disease, diabetes, impotency, liver disease, apoplexy, menopause disturbances, chronic bronchitis, asthma, neuralgia, rheumatism, shoulder stiffness, frozen shoulder, arthritis, neurasthenia, puerperal fever, thyroid tumour, irregular menstruation, leukorrhea, morning sickness, acne, haemorrhoid dermatitis, cramps, hiccups, baldness, uraemia, lupus erythematosis, and varicose veins. It is also helpful in eliminating tiredness, due to long distance driving, examination fatigue, violent exercise, etc. hangover, drug side effects, halitosis, stomach ache and elimination. If taken together with Western medicines, it is able to reduce drug side effects and intensify the drug’s effects.
IV. Effects of Ganoderma:
Ganoderma is a natural product. To take it, we must pay attention to its quality and choose the right species. After taking it, we may feel:
1. Vigorous and energetic
2. Sleeping hours will be shortened, but feel energetic after awakening
3. Improved appetite.
4. Wastes are discharged smoothly and regularly.
For a few people, who have special constitutions, taking Ganoderma may result in dizziness or blood congestion in the face, as if alcohol had been drunk. This is due to increased blood circulation. Symptoms will disappear in half an hour. If someone has blood stool, the bleeding will increase after taking, or pain will become more intense, and sometimes eczema will appear. Do not worry, all phenomenon will disappear in a period of time.
V. Outlook and Expectations:
Ganoderma is a precious medicine discovered by Chinese people about two thousand years ago. Its efficacy is very broad. Though it has not been approved by our government as a medicine, it has been widely adopted by the Japanese. Not only are their specialists studying it aggressively, but all the huge pharmaceutical companies are manufacturing it, to meet peoples’ needs. Japanese take it as a daily health food. If its qualities are false, then it would have disappeared from the market already. As a matter of fact, Ganoderma has been very popular for more than ten years and its popularity is booming now. At the very beginning, it was sold at some department stores and art shops. Now, all the drug stores are selling it and the supply is unable to keep up with demand.
We are not a medicine or pharmaceutical agency but a fungi researcher. We would not describe without scruples, but we are disturbed by what we see i.e., so many kinds of diseases which can be treated with either Chinese or Western medical techniques. In such a situation, we feel we must introduce, by any means, Ganoderma and hope that it can be used as an auxiliary medicine.
Introduction to Organic Germanium:
1. It is a substance completely different from any previous medicine.
2. It can adjust the electric potential and has a magical electronic effect within the body.
3. A substituting oxygen function.
4. It improves tissue cell activity by increasing oxygen within the organs.
5. It eliminates P.C.B.s and food poisoning.
1. The Magic Water Source at L.L.L.
There is a small village named L.L.L. at the boundary between France and Spain in the Pyrenees Mountains. There is a water source there called ‘Magic Spring Water’.
Three to four million handicapped persons, or patients with incurable diseases have come there from different parts of the world, to drink the spring water, or to carry some back home. Newsweek Magazine, published August 9, 1971, reported the following story: A three year old girl suffered from kidney cancer. Although a kidney was removed, the cancer had already spread throughout her body. She had become very thin, weak, and had completely lost her hair from the chemotherapy. She was very pale. Doctors thought that no medicine could save her life. Her parents then took to L.L.L. to drink the spring water, however, her condition did not improve. Her parents were deeply disappointed. Three days after her return to England, the girl sat up in the bed and ate some oranges. A few days later, her symptoms disappeared, and her health was recovered. A photo of the lovely girl was on the cover of the magazine.
Afterwards, this case was discussed widely by the medical field in Scotland. Since then, there have been many publications and photographs about ‘The Magic Water’ at L.L. L.
A Japanese doctor of engineering, Dr. Kazuhiko Asia, analysed the ‘L.L.L. Magic Spring Water’, using the ‘Atomic Absorptive Spectrum Method’, and found that the water contains organic germanium. Based on this knowledge, further research was done on some Chinese herbal medicines. It was found that Busy Sophora (Sophorae Subprostratae rade), Comphrey (Symphyti herba), and Ganoderma’s, also contain a great amount of organic germanium.
2. Why does the water, which contains germanium, perform such miracles?
Germanium compound dissolved in water, is different from other medicines. It is a recent discovery which has changed people’s concepts of medicine. Based on modern physics theories, the medical field has recently developed quantum biochemistry. The human body is composed of electrical micro-organisms. They have electrical potential. Brain wave scans are used to diagnose different diseases of the brain. We try to discover if the brain’s electric potential is different from a normal one. In the same manner, the stomach, liver, heart, kidney, etc., all have a specific electrical potential of their own. Whenever an organ becomes dysfunctional, the potential will be abnormal. The basic unit of this electrical potential is the electron, and in the human body, hydrogen ions are the influential electrons.
Germanium changes abnormal potential to normal potential. Since the element germanium is a neutral semi – conductor, which is a peculiarly, active element in electronic mechanisms, its electrons seize away other substances easily. Take cancer cells as an example. When cancer cells develop very quickly, the electric potential on the cell membrane is raised. At this moment, if germanium elements are in surroundings, they will seize the electrons of the cancer cells, lowering the cancer potential, inhibiting malignancy and metastasis.
However, if this element is to used in biochemistry, such as the absorption system, metabolism or secretion, it has to be changed to an organic element, with a water soluble nature.
Note: In 1970, after 20 years research, a Japanese doctor, Dr Asai, successfully produced water soluble organic germanium, and obtained the international patent rights.
3. Acting on oxygen centered molecular medicine, organic germanium can promote dehydrogenation and increase oxygen within the body.
In order to maintain life, we eat food for energy. The metabolic process burns food to generate energy as required by the body. The end products of this process are carbon dioxide and hydrogen. Carbon dioxide is exhaled and hydrogen is combined with the inhaled oxygen, to make water, which is discharged from the body. For disposing of these wastes, a large quantity of oxygen is needed.
Since organic germanium compound binds easily to hydrogen, it has a dehydrogenating function, acting as oxygen bonded to hydrogen and discharged. This leaves the oxygen in the body to be used more productively. In fact, organic germanium can be completely discharged within 20-30 hours, in the form of hydroxyl-germanium. Even trace amounts are eliminated, so it is not toxic to the body. (Based on animal experiments.) Examination after consumption of organic germanium showed that the amount of oxygen in the body was significantly increased.
1. Blood viscosity is lowered and skin colour improves.
2. Because the oxygen in the body is more than adequate, the mind is clear and there is no tiredness.
3. No yawning.
4. Cures carbon monoxide poisoning quickly.
5. Increases circulation to the extremities.
6. Effective on stroke victims, by increasing oxygen in the brain.
7. Promotes deep sleep.
As an example for further explanation, white rats were exposed to radiation until red and white blood cells were reduced by 50%. They were then injected with an organic germanium solution. Two weeks later, the number of red and white cells was completely recovered. Moreover, although the bone marrow, which makes blood, was destroyed by radiation, it also recovered its function. (Japanese Radiation Medical Association Vol. 18 No. 11).
4. It is important to maintain the correct pH balance in the body. Acid constitutions lead to a shortage of oxygen.
Everyone knows that oxygen is the basic substance for maintaining life. It is quite clear that a shortage of oxygen is detrimental to the human body. Cells of the body are closely related to oxygen. If oxygen is insufficient, cells will degenerate. And if this occurs, it is easy to develop cancer.
What factors produce oxygen deficiencies?
First of all, food. A part of food changes to acidic substances through decomposition after consumption. If one eats certain foods only, his constitution tends to be acid, due to acid and alkalai imbalance. It is easy to become ill. This has been acknowledged by the medical field.
If the blood is acid, it contains too many positive hydrogen ions. Hydrogen ions and oxygen combine to make water. This is why there may be an oxygen shortage within the body. Accordingly, we must avoid an acid constitution.
Second, one’s mental state may cause an oxygen shortage. Whenever the body becomes nervous the mental state is unstable, and hormone secretion loses its equilibrium, the blood become acidy, leading to an oxygen shortage and a sick body.
5. Clinical experiments with organic germanium by Dr. Chirotaka Tanaka.
Organic germanium is effective in the treatment of the following diseases:
· encephalorrhagia (cerebral haemorrhage cerebral thrombosis encephalorrhagia)
· carbon monoxide poisoning
· other acute drug poisoning
· gastric ulcers
· menopause disturbances
· heart disease (angina pectoris)
· analgesia for cancer patients
· senile psychosis
· complications of encephalorrhagia
· chronic rheumatism
· Raynaud’s syndrome
Based on his clinical experiments, it was proved that organic germanium passes through the human body without doing any harm and has no residual accumulation phenomena.
Its efficacy includes:
1. Regenerates old, weakening cells and recovers their vigour. This fact can be inferred from examining the case necrotic big toe caused by Raynaud’s Syndrome. Within two days, blood and pink colour returned.
2. Rejuvenates the body organs.
3. Eliminates carbon monoxide poisoning and acute drug poisoning quickly.
4. Treats melancholia, senile psychosis, epilepsy, etc. There are four cases documented where the patients were almost completely cured.
5. Prevents cancer from recurring after surgical removal. Suppresses cancer cells and prevents metastasis. It has a lesser effect in late stage cancer.
6. Treats cerebral apoplexy and paralysis, poor circulation in the limbs.
7. Treats heart disease, especially angina pectoris.
8. Taking organic germanium will give one a cheerful mood, tiredness will be gone, the body will be energetic, deep sleep will occur, face colour will improve, coldness in the limbs will disappear, nervousness will disappear.
9. Relieves pain caused by prostatis.
10. People with a good general health who take germanium may increase their mental capacity, energy, prevent cancer, and increase their immunity.
6. Organic germanium does not have any side-effects.
1) After germanium is completely absorbed and metabolised, it is completely discharged from the body. This length of time for complete discharge depends on one’s personal constitution, and usually takes 20-30 hours. There are no side effects.
2) Regarding its toxicity, according to experimental results at Kita Sato University, mice’ Lethal Dosage value was 50, when they were given orally 10 grams or more. This proves that germanium is harmless.
3) Variations in application. Though it is different from one person to another, in general, a few days, after taking germanium, time and quantity of wastes discharged in increased. The colour of the wastes will change, too. There is no need to worry. It is a reflection of germanium’s efficacy. People whose body contains denatured protein, after taking organic germanium for a few days, urticaria may appear. It is the opposition effect during denatured protein being destroyed. The opposition effect: a concept in Chinese medicine: the symptoms will become worse before they become better. Please continue to take. All symptoms will disappear in 5-7 days.
4) Dosage: To maintain health take 0. 10.3 grams per day. As a treatment, 0.5-0-2.0 grams per day. Drink dissolved in water.
7. Germanium and public injury from food.
Argument about public injury from food is increasing daily. Foods from polluted areas are all considered harmful. Cadmium and mercury poisoning are due to these heavy metals getting into and accumulating in the inner organs. In order to discharge these heavy metals out of the body, treatment is called for. It seems very simple, but effective medicines are few.
Organic germanium is a kind of sesqui-oxide. The oxygen atoms in its surroundings become negative charge and form a network, to compose together with positive charge of organic germanium, as given below:
Ge – CH² CH²COOH
Ge – CH² CH²COOH
Germanium composed in such a form will be eliminated from the body in 20 hours. The heavy metals will be- carried out at the same time. This point has been proved to be true by pathologists conducting long term animal experiments.
8. It is also effective for P.C.B. poisoning (Polychlorobenzene)
When chloric and benzenyl groups combine to form organic chloride, they will be toxic. If dissociate chloric and benzenyl become inorganic compounds – the toxigenicity will be lost and be discharged. There are many methods to separate chloric and benzenyl, using current molecular chemistry techniques – for instance, use radiation, or radiation of specific rays. Since organic germanium compounds also have special effects in electronic chemistry, during chemical experimental processing, chloric dissociating phenomena may be found. On another side, organic germanium may get into the intestinal blood vessels, to combine with blood cells to form a circulation system. This fact has been proven by pathological theory. Accordingly, it is specially effective in the treatment of liver, lung, and cerebral cell disease, for those organs are rich in blood.
The heavy metals and P.C.B.s in the body, will cause disease at the place where the blood quantity is large. (P.C.B.s accumulate in subcutaneous fat, and are discharged with sweat). Organic germanium can get rid of heavy metals and decompose P.C.B.’s until it is poison less. In other words, it may flow through the blood stream to eliminate harmful substances from the body.